1) Use Bike Lights and ReflectorsThe most important thing you can do is ensure that others can see you. This means placing lights on your bike and reflectors on your bike and clothing. Reflectors will illuminate you whenever a car or other vehicle’s lights shine on you. However, you don’t want to count on that visibility alone. Similarly, you won’t be able to see if there are no nearby lights. So, it is a good idea to also have a front and rear light on your bike.
2) Only Ride in Areas With Good VisibilityNo amount of visibility upgrades will help you if you are riding around a tight lane with tight corners. Try to choose relatively straight and open sections of road where the visibility is as substantial as possible. Having extra space and clear sight-lines will help to ensure that motorists can see and avoid you. Plus, you will be able to see where you are going more easily. If you can ride somewhere with streetlights, that is even better.
3) Ride CarefullyDon’t count on others to keep you safe when you are out riding. It only takes one person who isn’t paying attention to cause an accident. So, make sure you are always riding with caution. Leave space between you and other riders and motorists. Additionally, keep your eyes up and watch out for vehicles. Don’t assume that everyone will follow the rules of the road perfectly. It is much better to let a car go when you have the right-of-way than to get in an accident.
4) Wear Appropriate ClothesIt gets chilly at night. If you are overly cold, you will be less focusing on safety and more likely to make a mistake. A simple solution is to wear appropriate clothing for the nighttime. Additionally, try to choose clothes that have light colors or reflective strips. Riding around in all black late at night is asking for trouble.
5) Avoid Dazzling OthersThe lights on your bike may not seem that bright. However, if they are shined directly in a driver’s eyes, they are probably dazzling. If motorists can’t see easily, they are more likely to cause an accident. So, make sure your light is angled such that it won’t dazzle anyone. This is a courteous practice that keeps everyone on the road a little safer.
Get an E-Lux Electric Bike TodayWith the right electric bike, you could be cruising around town all day. If you want to avoid riding at night, the motor can help you get home before dark. Alternatively, you can use the pedal assist mode for an easier ride so that you can focus on the road ahead more easily. Schedule a test ride of an E-Lux Electric Bikes model today.
#electricbike #nightriding #elux #commuting #biking #bike #roadbike