1. How Fast Are Electric Bikes?The top speed of our GT flagship bikes is 28 miles per hour. Of course, different e-bikes have their own capabilities. However, there are few electric bikes that can go much faster than 28 miles per hour. Many localities have implemented rules that limit electric bikes and scooters to 25 or 30 miles per hour.
2. How Far Can an E-Bike Go on One Charge?The range of an electric bike depends on the model and the riding conditions. However, going at 15 miles per hour on a flat surface, our bikes equipped with our larger batteries can reach 60 to 70 miles. If you use “eco” mode, you can go an extra 25 to 30% of that range.
3. Are Electric Bikes Expensive?Typically, electric bikes are more expensive than standard bikes but significantly less so than other forms of transportation such as cars. In fact, they are often less expensive than buying monthly train passes for a year or two. E-Lux Electric Bikes start at $2,295 and we offer financing solutions.
4. Is It Difficult To Assemble a New Electric Bike?If you buy an E-Lux Electric Bikes model, you will receive it almost completely assembled. You will only need to screw in your pedals and insert the handlebars (plus, make any adjustments to fit you). Some other electric bikes require more assembly. However, most e-bikes have the complicated parts (the drivetrain) already assembled.
5. How Long Does It Take To Charge an Electric Bike?Charging depends on the bike and the battery. Unsurprisingly, larger batteries take longer to charge. If you get one of the smaller batteries from E-Lux Electric Bikes, you can expect a full charge to take between five and six hours. Our larger batteries may take eight hours or more. However, they will rarely get fully depleted unless you are making a lot of long trips.
6. Is a Driver’s License Required To Ride an E-Bike?In general, no driver’s license or any other type of license is required to ride an electric bike. They are typically considered to be the same as standard bicycles. However, it is important to note that there are new laws being proposed regularly that impact electric bikes. None of these appear to suggest that you need a license. Nonetheless, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with your local laws before riding.
Order Your Electric Bike TodayWith the above six answers in mind, you are hopefully fully informed about buying an electric bike. Of course, if you have any other questions, you can always reach the E-Lux Electric Bikes by calling us at (949) 440-1967 or by using our online contact form. Plus, you can learn a little more about electric bikes first-hand by test riding one of ours.
#elux #electricbike #faq #cycling #bike #riding #commuting